This is Mrs. Bouldus's 4th grade class and the title of my essay is: Things I am grateful for by Ms. Celluloid Thelma Darling.
*clears throat, awkwardly pulls at dress*
People seem to be angry a lot. Traffic, jobs they don't like, their boss who yells a lot.
So I am here to remind everyone of the little everyday things that are good.
- Popping a really juicy pimple
- The sound of ice breaking when you pour coke over it.
- Eating a cookie, even though your mom said no cookies before dinner. Those cookies somehow taste better...
- Open fields, cause they're perfect for a picnic, red rover, a walk, cartwheels or just feeling the wind go through the little holes between the thread in your clothes and touch your skin.
- When you let someone into your lane and they wave a little 'thank you' wave.
- Pee-Wee's playhouse, cause who doesn't want a talking Pterodactyl and personal genie?
- When you have to pee really really bad and you finally make it to a bathroom and the bathroom is clean and quiet. That's awesome.
- Making your own ice cream. I once made purple mint ice cream with banana bits in it. It tasted good.
- Watching your favorite movies and daytime TV when you're home sick.
- When that perfect song is playing at the perfect moment in life... now this is a rare one. It's your favorite romantic song while slow dancing or that inspiration song comes over the loud speakers during the last game of the season.
- After several attempts, making the perfect roasted marshmallow
- The sound of fajitas on a hot plate
- When someone says, "I love you" and you know they really mean it
- When you go to the restroom and by the time you come back, you waitress has brought your food, like they somehow knew when you were leaving and coming back.
- Slow dancing with your husband in the living room
- When a baby wraps it's tiny hand around your finger
- Having such a good time you don't realize it's already past midnight
- When you mom or dad picks you up in the middle of the school day just to hang out, go shopping, get ice cream and/or see a movie.
- When the hot guy with the mohawk at the liquor store smiled at you
- Stepping into a bucket of beans barefoot without getting thrown out of the farmers market
- Falling asleep on the couch and having someone walk you to bed and tuck you in
- Making someone happy and then watching them when they don't know you're looking
- Ice cream, for no reason
- The sound that a bunch of colored pencils make then the rattle around in a bin
- Showering after a long flight
- When you and your friend know all the words to the same awesome song and sing it loud and off key
- When you pull up to a meter and there's still time in it
- Falling in love with a dress, deciding to buy it even though you can't afford it, then they ring it up on sale! 40% off!
- When you know the answers to a tv games show and then you feel like the smartest person alive
*Bows and then trips over a shoelace and falls off the stage*