Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Love is the best drag

Good golly I love me some drag queens!

Perhaps it's their hyper femininity or the fact that men make better women than women do but

Divine (actor)Divine indeed.

I just freakin love them!

There was Divine, actor, singer, fabulous person all around. You may remember her playing Tracy's mom in Hairspray. (Don't even talk to me about that hidious remake of the musical.)
RuPaul, who strangely played my favorite she did out of drag, as a councilor at a gay-to-straight

RuPaulGorgeous...

camp in "But I'm A Cheerleader". And who can forget Philip Seymour Hoffman's portrayal in "Flawless"? Well, I don't think anyone saw that movie but me, but it's a classic.

I think I was one in a past life. The outrageous hair, makeup, attitude. They can dare to be as fabulous as they please without a care in the world about what others might think. That is what I truely admire about drag queens. The confidence in their knowledge that they are the greatest thing since the stiletto.

We should all strive for that level of confidence.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: