Tuesday, August 3, 2010

10 things to be happy about

Time for some positive vibes up in this bitch...

1. Recipes
Sure I'm flat broke but I'm making these freakin' recipes. One for some kind of insane jalapeno popper DIP (liquid poppers?! yes please.) and oatmeal served in a pumpkin!! I like food that's served in another food.

2. Bread
I'm not allowed to have bread. It's carby and delicious and I can't stop eating it. But today, I ate warm-from-the-oven, fresh, handmade bread that TMS made and I don't feel bad at all. Fuck you carbs! I'm eating pure home made love...

3. Chipotle
See my previous post about this one. The Chipotle Post

4. http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/
Hot damn, that girl is F-U-N-N-Y. So funny, she makes me spell. I sit there and giggle to myself and when The Mad Scientist asks me what's so damn funny, I read out loud about raping Orks and show him the stick drawings while I laugh so hard I actually drool on myself.

5.The Compliment
TMS told me that I'm beautiful when I smile and I should smile more. Perhaps I should.

6. Arts and Crafts
Yes, I am making a holiday wreath out of toilet paper rolls and spray paint! Thanks for noticing! ...it is beautiful, isn't it?

7. My best friends
I didn't have real friends as a non-child until I was 21. I was pretty much friendless from 13 on. That's a long time when you're a kid. That's why I have so much love and appreciation for my friends now. They have done things for me that no one else has ever done. They constantly go above and beyond the call and for that, I love them always.

8.Reading Time
Now that I find myself unemployed, I have a lot of time on my hands. Regardless, I am grateful for my extra reading time. You know how you always say to yourself, "If I had more time, there are so many things I want to read..." Well sometimes that comes true in the worst way. But that doesn't make the reading any worse. "Something Wicked This Way Comes" is so wonderful to read with the weather turning cold and the leaves changing.

9.Ice Cream
I find it a bit disturbing that 3 out of the 10 things are food. No wonder I feel like a load. But I digress. Gelato, frozen yogurt, it's all ice cream to me. It's cold, sugary and on a cone and I don't give a good damn if it's 12 degrees out. Gimme!

10. Sex
It's biological... it just makes you feel good. As long as it's not the  dreaded 'bad sex', which is pretty rare as long as you're careful, you can't help but feel better about things.


So fuck you negitivity. Happy. Take that.

No comments: