Saturday, October 9, 2010

From Park Ave to just the park

So this is what being homeless is like.

Worry not, gentle reader. I am not scruffy or unwashed as of yet. I always find a place to lay my head. I live out of my car, true, but I don't sleep there. I still eat 3 square meals a day and get a hot shower every day. Thank G-d for my friends and family. I spend much of my time trying to network up a job, scowering the internet and sitting in the park.

A truly homeless person came up to me while I was sitting in the park, reading. I held back the urge to scream, "Can't you tell I'm one of you?!" Instead, I hand her a dollar. Enjoy you're tall boy, ma'am. I'll be here, not regretting that decision later.

I have good days and bad days. Today is good. The weather is nice and I sold a bunch of my clothes and got a sweaty wad of cash for it so I'm celebrating with an ice cream cone.

I'm just going to sit here and watch my old life disappear.

No comments: