Monday, February 9, 2009

Not your grandma's tea

I'm sorry.

My beautiful and talented friend Nina has come down with a sore throat and cough and it's my fault. I thought I was being careful enough when I was sick but not careful enough...

So to make it up to my gorgeous girl I am posting (then making) this recipe for her. Great for sore throats or just a cold winter's day. By the way, this one's for the adults only.

Cup of your fav tea (stay away from caffeinated if it's close to bedtime)
Honey (change it up with some flavored honey if you want)
Whiskey (whatever your preference; I'm a Jack girl myself...)
Lemon Slices

  1. Make yourself or have your friend (me) make you some tea and fill your favorite mug 2/3 of the way full.
  2. Stir in a teaspoon of honey, or more if you like it sweeter.
  3. Toss in a shot of whiskey, or more if you like it boozier. (What? It's a word.)
  4. Floats some lemons and you have yourself some yummy, boozy goodness.
Enjoy my beauties and thanks to forkable.blogspot.com for the recipe. It kept Nina from flinging used tissues at me.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you're enjoying it. Cheers!