Friday, November 21, 2008

My eyes have glazed over.

I'm a bad person.

That's right. I said it.

Mac Danzig.I know I'm a bad person because sometimes I just can't listen to one more play by play of any sport event. And this is not just directed at you men, women do it too.

I don't care if that guy sacked this guy. I don't care if that guy used a super mega choke hold on this guy. I don't care that that car goes faster than the other. Die football! Die baseball! And you too Nascar, golf, MMA, hockey and soccer! I just can't takeIn modern sport motorization has appeared. it anymore...

But it's a trade off. I have to remember that! I listen to them go on and on, hammering their fists on the restaurant table, "He didn't catch the ball?! Can you believe it?!"... and they listen to me go on and on about a movie I loved, an outfit I'm sewing, a book I'm reading. All of that must be so boring for them! Tit for tat, so to speak.

Then I wonder, is everything I talk about boring, especially to my guy who is forced to listen to me go on about the wall colors in the house, wanting to go to the ballet, a vacation I want us to take and so on, on a daily basis.

Then I remember a major rule: Men don't think about this kind of stuff. They don't over-analyze. And mostly, they don't care. Their eyes glaze over and they go into "uh-huh" mode. We could learn something from them.

Next time sports comes up, I'm going to take a deep breath, meditate internally and fight the urge to run.

I can do it, I know I can. You can too.
Be strong and unite sisters!
And if you can't... just drag his ass to the theater/mall/movies. Payback's a bitch.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: