Thursday, November 6, 2008

You may call me a dreamer...


It seems as if this election and subsequent win of Obama has brought out the best and worst in people.

Now, let me say, this is not a political post. This is about people. Peoples beliefs and actions. Sure, they may be motivated by politics but I think many are moved by their own feelings.

I saw a young woman on TV, crying. She was saying how she really believed that Obama could change things and she had faith and hope in our country. It was amazing to see her fill up with emotion in front of everyone and speak so positively about this country, especially since so many young people have felt disenfranchised in the last 10 years or so.

Then I read an article saying how WBC (Westboro Baptist Church... thanks again Kansas) will picket the funeral of Madelyn Payne Dunham, Obama's grandmother. (still haven't found crediable source to secure it's validity...wait for it...) As a writer, I'm all for free speech. Say what you want! Write what you want.... but really? Does tact count for nothing?

Have you ever been to a funeral? Was it someone you loved? Was your heart breaking? Did your head hurt from crying so hard? Why don't you add some protesters yelling hateful things about you and your deceased loved one... That will make it much better, won't it? I get they're trying to make a point but at what point do you as a human being cross the line? Just because you have the right doesn't mean you have to exercise it... at a funeral...yelling obscenities... at the mourners.

And then...*sigh* while looking for a creditable source about the WBC, I found something that make my heart hurt. I hate even writing it... godhatesfags.com

G-d, I feel dirty just having it on there.

Now I know there are so many hateful websites out there... KKK, anti-Islam, people posting "truth" that the Holocaust never happened... I steer clean of such things. Just knowing they exist is enough. Ignorance it everywhere. But these people bring G-d into it. Hardcore. It makes me want to cry. Do they believe in a G-d that can hate so much? That's so sad to me.

So much pain is inflicted by those who seem to only have one goal... inflict enough pain until someone says "you know what, you're right".

Their tactics are to spew hate, out of the mouths of babes... Children, usually between 8 and 12 hold signs saying "You're going to hell" "God Hates Fags" "God hates you". They call themselves Love Crusaders but are techniqually classified as a hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center. They believe EVERY bad thing that has happened in the world is due to homosexuality. Blanket statement much? These people protested Jerry Falwell and Billy Graham for crying out loud! Extreme, is an understatement.

I surround myself with caring people, positive things and love, so I guess I forget that there are still people in America who are like this. My heart aches.

I choose to believe in that girl. The blond girl crying on the sidewalk in front of the white house. There is so many good things to come and it's an exciting time and she has faith in the future.

I choose to believe not because I am blind, but because I have faith. I have faith that the good in people will find their way into the brain and heart. I have faith that love can concur all. I have faith.

You may call me a dreamer...


Check out this site; it's a parody to the aformentioned site. Flippin hilarious. Laugh and be happy.
http://www.godhateseveryoneexceptforus.com/purpose.html
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: